Summer is here and fire pit season is in. Since we think everyone should have a fire pit, we’ve gathered an easy weekend D-I-Y project for you and your family! A fire pit is great to use while entertaining or to keep warm after the sun goes down, before starting our project think about the best spot to situation your fire pit. Consider the times of year you will be using the fire pit, the natural landscaping and the accessibility so ensure your fire pit is well situated and not going to become a hazard.
Materials and Tools:
- Chalk or Spray Paint
- Capstone blocks
- Mark the dimensions of your fire pit! Use paint or chalk to mark the radius of your fire pit in the grass or soil.
- Start digging! Calculate how deep you will need to dig and begin. When digging remember to take breaks frequently to prevent back pain.
- Lay down that brick. Carefully read the instructions that came with your bricks. Remember, the goal is to create a solid foundation to ensure the stability of the fire pit.
- Ensure the support of the foundation. Once the bricks are assembled back fill the pit with dirt for support. Then add gravel to the floor of the pit to absorb any water.
- Install the top caps. Make sure the bricks are clean and dry, then lay out the top caps and apply to the walls. It is important to allow them to dry level and completely to prevent any problems in the future.
When building remember to thoroughly read the directions and use properly safety equipment. If you come across any problems don’t hesitate to call Renewal Remodels and Designs at 253-682-1990 or contact us online for professional assistance.
Happy constructing! Check out the original instructions here for a more detailed description of this project.