Updating your home is fun and exciting, but even the simplest projects can result in complicated messes. Spilling paint on carpet is a particularly nasty problem, and can result in permanent stains if not treated immediately. Acrylic paint spills are almost guaranteed stains with their quick drying properties. Wondering how you can avoid these stains? Check out this awesome how-to:
- Place a paper towel around the spill to keep it isolated.
- Blot the spill with paper towels, soaking up as much as possible. Don’t rub!
- Using a fresh paper towel, blot the spill with glycerin until the paint starts coming up.
- Any residue? Blot the area with a paper towel and nail polish remover or acetone.
- Make a water-detergent mix according to the directions on your detergent.
- Soak a sponge in the mix and blot the spill. Do not highly saturate the sponge, damp is best.
- Using a towel, dry the area.
- Vacuum the spill area. Goodbye stain!
We hope you found this how-to useful! Does painting have you inspired to remodel your home? Give the team at Renewal Remodels and Additions a call at 253-682-1990 or contact us online!