Spring has us in the mood for light and refreshing treats. This quick oatmeal lemon bar recipe is not only delicious, but incredibly easy! Take a peek and enjoy for your self:
- 1/2 C cold butter
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker® oatmeal cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 C lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8-inch square pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine the cookie mix and butter in a large bowl with a large fork or hand-held blender, then add the egg and stir until crumbly.
- Divide the dough in half, and pat one half into the pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice into a small bowl and mix until thick.
- Spread finished mix on top of baked cookie crust, then crumble last half of remaining crust mix on top.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Refrigerate for 3o minutes, cut, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Just Call Me Maria.
Thinking of remodeling? Give the team at Renewal Remodels & Additions a call at 253-682-1990 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation today!