That’s right, we’ve hopped on the Pinterest Bandwagon.
Do you love reading home magazines or going window shopping? Then Pinterest is the perfect website for you! Pinterest is one of the fastest growing social media sites that is gaining popularity due to the ability to view thousands of images within categories that suit your interests. In other words, it is an online community for individuals to pin, organize, inspire and dream about all of their favorite subjects.
Pinterest is an online bulletin board concept where users create a profile for free and “pin” images or blog posts to their “boards” to refer to at a later time. It was initially created in 2010 as a place to store recipes, inspiration for arts & crafts, interior decorating and more; today there are more than 17 million users. Pinterest is also a great tool for businesses to share their products and services, that’s why Renewal Remodels and Additions is now featured on Pinterest. We created a page to display our previous and current projects, upon approval of the homeowner, for our customers to view and share with friends. In doing so, we have come to love Pinterest and wanted to share a few tips to get your started on the ever so popular website. Warning: Pinterest can become extremely addictive, and time consuming!
First we would like to introduce you to a few basic Pinterest Terms:
- Board: you will create a board, title and categorize it according to the content you wish to store on that board. Users can create multiple boards for different topics, such as: kitchen, dining rooms, etc.
- Pin: A pin is the term used to describe the image you are storing on a board. It can be an image added from the internet or an image uploaded from your computer.
- Re-pin: Users can “re-pin”- or store another user’s pin onto their board.
- Pin It Button: This is an icon that you will want to download onto your internet browser, this button will allow you to store an image you find on the internet onto one of your boards.
- Followers: As you start pinning and repining you will gain followers, these can be friends or people who admire your style (there are privacy settings to monitor followers).
Now that you have all the essentials, it’s time to join Pinterest and enter a world of creativity and inspiration at your fingertips. After you’ve created your account make sure to visit the Renewal Remodels & Additions page: