St. Patrick’s Day is known for the fun and festivities that it brings on the 17th of every March. While it is widely known as secular holiday that celebrates Irish culture, it’s origins lie in the celebration of Saint Patrick, who is credited as bringing Christianity to Ireland. Traditional celebration days include feasting, wearing of green, and other activities. Sweets are an essential part of any large meal, and we loved this shamrock fudge recipe! Add this recipe to your table on home to feel the luck o’ the Irish on St. Patty’s day!
- 10 Oreo cookies or equivalents
- 1 container vanilla frosting
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. real mint extract
- Green food coloring (used as desired)
- Crush cookies in a food processor or blender. Once crushed, firmly press them into a loaf pan.
- Combine the frosting, mint, and food coloring and mix in a separate bowl.
- Melt chocolate over the stove (we recommend the double boiler method, less burning!)
- Combine frosting mix and melted chocolate together when chips are melted.
- Pour the final mix over the crushed cookies and chill for at least an hour.
- Enjoy the fudgey goodness!
Recipe adapted from Blissfully Domestic.